I’ve written this post to give you some ideas and inspire you to get the creative juices flowing.
What is SEO Content? This is any information that lives on the web and can be consumed by your target market. This content is optimized for search engines so that people can easily find your website via Google or other search engines.
Types of SEO Content
- Web Pages: These are pages on your website that describe your business, products, and/or services.
- Blog Posts: Using a blog on your website is one of the easiest and BEST ways to create a regular stream of articles. It’s also a great way to link to other pages within your site. Blog articles are the most engaging pieces of content on your website and are likely to attract visitors. It’s a great way to build authority to your site.
- Case Studies: Case studies show off your projects and your successes. Many case studies follow this outline: Summary of a project, customer problem, how you solved the problem, and what the end results were to your customer.
- Infographics: An infographic is a great way to show data or information in a visual way. Click here [Infographic example 1] [Infographic example 2] to see examples of infographics I’ve used in past articles. Search engines cannot read images, so it is important to optimize the text on the page you embed your infographic on so you can take advantage of SEO.
- Lists or FAQ’s: These pages are easily scannable by visitors and search engines. You could use lists or FAQ’s as regular pages on your website or as blog articles.
- Videos: Film a process, a tutorial, a deep dive into your product or service, or anything else that could be helpful to your audience. Consider adding a text transcript of your video to help optimize your page for search.
SEO content types are endless! These are just a few ideas to get the ideas flowing!
Now that you have a general idea of what types of content you can create, we need to generate some topics. The first thing you need to do is conduct keyword research. Start a list of different words and phrases that might be searched on Google to find your website. Check out this tool to help you get started. Next, develop the major categories that your keywords fit under. You’ll want to hit on topics in each of these categories throughout the year.
Topic Generation Ideas:
- Common Problems: What are the main problems your customers are facing? How can you address them?
- Deep Dives: Write an in-depth article about one of your products and services. Answer questions and explain why it’s beneficial
- Debunk Myths: set the record straight!
- Provide Answers: People use search engines to get answers. Use your blog to give your audience the knowledge they want.
- Process: Describe your process or workflow. What would it be like for a customer to work with you?
- Compare and Contrast: Compare products or services, review them and give your opinions.
- Checklists: Create a list of items that would be helpful to your ideal customer in regards to your industry.
- History of your Industry: Breakdown your industry from past to present.
- Questions: What are questions that people should be asking you, but aren’t?
- Behind the Scenes: Is there something you can share about what happens in your business that might not be well known?
Again, this is just a short list of possible topic ideas! Once you get started, you’ll be surprised by the number of original SEO content ideas you can think of.
Need help creating content for your website? I’d love to help you create a strategy that best fits your business! Get started today and let SEO bring in more leads, sales, and brand interest.