What is WordPress?
WordPress is a free and open-source website management system based on PHP and MySQL. For those of you non-geeks out there, WordPress is the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system out today.
Why Use WordPress?
I’ve been working with WordPress web design and development for the last 8 years to launch a variety of high-quality sites. Here are the main reasons why WordPress is my top choice for clients:
- 100% Customizable – WordPress allows you to create unique websites for your business. One of the reasons why I love the platform is that it meets the demands of many and it’s highly flexible. There are thousands of themes out there that you can customize with your own colors, fonts, layouts, and styles.
- Scalable & Flexible – Your WordPress website can grow and adapt to your business. It’s easy to add E-commerce capability, membership accounts, portfolios, booking appointment calendars, and so much more. Your site can be as basic or as complex as needed! There are more than 50,000 WordPress plugins to increase the functionality of your site. A few examples are contact forms, sliders, SEO tools, calendars, galleries, and much more. (Many of these plugins are even free!)
- It’s FREE – WordPress is 100% free. There are no monthly fees to keep your site up and running (other than domain and hosting charges). It’s free to install, deploy, and upgrade. While you may want to hire a designer/developer to build your site and help you maintain it, the ROI will likely pay off quickly. It’s well worth the investment and it’s typically much cheaper than other website platform build and maintenance charges.
- Easy to Maintain & Edit – A big reasons clients love WordPress is that is designed for everyone, not just for developers. When the platform was first introduced, it was made for non-tech savvy bloggers. So, most of the user-interface is easy to use and understand. LR Design handles all of the development and any complicated installations so you don’t have to. You will even get a guide with step by step instructions for editing content, images, and other features on your pages.
- Blogging – WordPress has blogging capability built in which makes it super easy to launch articles for your business. With content creation being so important for SEO and digital marketing, every business needs to be running a blog to keep up with the competition.
- SEO friendly – Google loves WordPress! It’s search engine friendly and the platform makes it easy to do some manual SEO work to increase your organic results. I always recommend the Yoast SEO plugin. It’s one of the most widely used WordPress plugins around and it’s easy to understand. It’s a powerful tool that can help you make your site as search engine-friendly as possible. Yoast makes it easy to add keywords, meta tags, page titles, and more!
- Integration – WordPress makes integrating your email marketing, contact forms, and social media a breeze. Most popular digital marketing applications have easy options for adding your accounts to your website.
- Large Community– With so many developers and designers dedicating their time and effort WordPress, the platform continues to get better and better. WordPress has a huge community so there is always ample tutorials, videos, training, and help for every aspect of your website.
Overall, WordPress is a great CMS to use for your next website. I highly recommend you use it and see the perks for yourself. Need help designing a brand-new website or revamping a current site? LR Design has years of experience launching sites for all types of industries from E-commerce, healthcare, business, manufacturing, non-profits, and more. Let’s Chat!