Web Design FAQs
How long does it take to build a website?
Most websites can be built anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks.
How much does a website cost
Do prices include domain and hosting?
No, domains and hosting accounts are to be purchased separately. I work excluselvey with Flywheel WordPress hosting for all new web design projects.
Do you write website copy?
YES! Website copy/content creation can be added on to your project for an added fee. Headlines and body copy writing is conducted by a short questionnaire and a 1-hour phone or in-person interview. I also offer ongoing content creation packages for regular blogging on your website for an SEO boost.
What SEO services are included
All websites are setup using SEO best practices. Titles, headlines, body copy, meta and image alt tags will be written and optimized for your top keywords. Since improved search engine optimization is a long-term venture, I also offer advanced SEO services such as keyword research, monthly content creation, alterations to back-end and front-end keyword and on-going keyword tracking.
What is your process?
- Goals/Mission Talk
- Proposal and quote approval
- Client questionnaire, content, and images
- First Draft
- Client review + 2 rounds of revisions
- Modifications & final draft
- Client review + 1 round of revisions
- Final testing
How do I pay?
I require a 50% down payment before the project begins, and the final 50% upon completion. I accept PayPal and checks.
What platform do you build your websites on?
I build all websites on WordPress. This is a great platform for small to large websites. It gives you endless opportunities to expand as your business grows. WordPress is also super easy to maintain—you can change content, images and other elements without the knowledge of code.
Will I own my website?
YES! Everything I build will be 100% owned by you.
Do you offer website maintenance?
YES! I offer a variety of different maintenance packages that include off-site backups, theme and plugin updates, security monitoring and changes to your site’s content when requested. Maintenance plans are billed on monthly contracts.
HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS?
- 9 Years of experience in web design and digital marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing from UW Milwaukee
- Certification in Web Design from UW Milwaukee
- Have worked with over 50 business owners on web design & digital marketing projects
- Have built over 40 websites for small businesses, entrepreneurs, and E-Commerce stores
- Improved organic website traffic by up to 75%
- Have helped companies go from one hundred page views per month to thousands
Lauren R. Fischer; Owner of LR Design & Marketing, LLC.